Quotes From Artists And Critics On Love
1. "Love involves a peculiar unfathomable combination of understanding and misunderstanding."
2. "Painting is like making love. You cannot ask, 'How do you do it?' But, hopefully, it is beautiful."
3. "The heart is a museum, filled with the exhibits of a lifetime's loves."
4. "There's a moment of recognition. It's that white-light kind of stuff that just 'works.' I love that. And you know it when it happens, whether it's a movie, music, a building, a book."
5. "It is a matter of loving art, not understanding it."
6. "Poetry and painting are done in the same way you make love; it's an exchange of blood, a total embrace - without caution, without any thought of protecting yourself."
8. "People should fall in love with their eyes closed."
9. "To be genuine, the very thought of the creative must simultaneously be an experience of death; and that it is impossible for any moment of true intensity to exist apart from a cruelty that is equally extreme."
(Rosalind Krauss, The Originality of the Avant-Garde and Other Modernist Myths)
10. "I'm really into lilies right now. And hermaphrodites. "
(Peregrine, from Bravo's Work of Art)